The right preliminary information is a must have thing, before starting any project. It helps in building a road map for the successful project, assist in translating client’s vision into perspective and fabricating a lasting affiliation.Many of the questions mentioned below will also help in setting up a perfect quote for your client. Things like cutoff dates, usage, et cetera should consider pricing. Here, I am discussing logo designs, therefore I have mentioned some questions below to ask your clients before initiating their new logo design.
- What are your products and/or services?
- What goals you have set for your company?
- What is the reason to get a new logo? (if they have one previously)
- What message do you want your logo design to convey?
- Specify your main competitors?
- What makes you different from your competitors?
- Who is your targeted customer base?
- Do you own a tag line? If so, do you want it to be stated along side your logo design?
- Do you have any particular image in mind for your logo design?
- What color do you want in your logo, or do you want your logo in existing brand colors?
- How do you like your logo design to be written outworked?
For Example: LogoForWork or Logo For Work
- How would you want the typography to look? (script, bold, light, custom lettering,hand drawn)
- What’s your preferred time frame, deadlineor exact date of project completion?
- What Budget they have for the project?
- Would you like any extra design services to be packaged along with your new logo design? (business cards, letterheads, envelopes, etc.)
I also recommend you to give an extra space or room to your client so that they can provide you the extra details and comments. Since. It is impossible to solve a problem without being aware of the problem– preparing a questionnaire is a great start.